Yesterday I started my bridge to 10k running schedule. Run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute. Repeat 4 times. Not too bad, though I’m not used to running in the heat, on country roads, pushing a stroller.
Today I was back in the gym and had a decent arm workout. The plan:
Wednesday, June 18 Workout
(The weight in parenthesis is where I’m at. Be sure to determine your own weight before you start the reps.)
Arms – 45 minutes
- Bench press 3 x 15 (45 lb olympic bar, no weight added)
- Standing dumbbell curls 3 x 20 (20 lb weights)
- Tricep extend 3 x 15 (20 lb weight)
- Standing dumbbell flys 3 x 15 (15 lb weights)
- Pushups 3 x 10
- Lat pull down 3 x 15 (40 lbs)
Finished the workout with 10 minutes of intervals on the treadmill.
- 1 minute walk at 4.0, 0 incline (15:00 pace)
- 1 minute run at 7.5, 4 incline (8:00 pace)
- Repeat five times, cool down walk for a minute to equal one mile.