These bits of gold are making my surface life especially lovely lately. They would make great gifts for the people you like, if it’s not too obnoxiously early to mention Christmas.
- Harney and Sons Paris Tea – This is so delicious! Perfect for the daytime with enough caffeine to note a lift. It is reminiscent of Earl Grey because of the bergamot, but it’s more complex and dessert like with the vanilla and caramel flavors. Even with a tea bag, it tastes like something you’d steep loose leaf in a hot, polished silver tea pot in a boutique hotel. It’s a simple thing, but aren’t those the best ways to elevate the day?
- Byredo Parfums Gypsy Water – Barneys says this fragrance features bergamot, lemon, pepper, juniper berries, incense, pine needles, orris, amber, vanilla and sandalwood. Hmm, I hadn’t made the link between the Gypsy Water and the Paris tea until now. Apparently I’m drawn to bergamot. I can’t describe what this fragrance does to me without sounding distasteful. Suffice to say, it’s phenomenal. I have a sample sent to me by darling Hayley, my beauty idol and curator of all things gorgeous. I’ve been using a spray at a time and the fragrance lasts nearly 12 hours, putting me in the most incredible mood. If you doubt the power of scent and it’s connection to memory, attachment, attraction, and mood, go find Gypsy Water and prove yourself wrong.
- American Apparel Fine Tricot Bodysuit – I have these bodysuits in black and light pink and wear them all. the. time. Silky, smooth, layering heaven.
- True Nutrition Team Skip Protein Formula – Chocolate Coconut flavor – I sampled 4 different protein powders in 8 different flavors from True Nutrition after reading through the forums and reviews from athletes I admire. The winner was this blend of 34% Whey Protein Isolate, 33% Casein, and 33% Egg White Protein. The flavor reminds me of Almond Joys and a scoop in greek yogurt at night is about the closest I come to dessert most days. I’m trying to gain muscle over the next 6 months before my next (!) marathon, and this is the most convenient way to get protein immediately after my workouts. The blend of fast and slow digesting proteins keeps me full longer, while providing the post workout nutrition I need quickly.
- “This Is How: Surviving What You Think You Can’t” by Augusten Burroughs – Actually helpful, heartfelt advice from the one and only Mr. Burroughs. After six memoirs, Burroughs has the wit and experience to discuss self-help, resiliency, and foot in front of the other scenarios. I thought it would be more tongue in cheek, but it’s surprisingly, graciously, sincere.
- Gabrielle Aplin’s album “English Rain” – Just a wonderful album I’ve been enjoying a lot. The studio session videos from this album are done beautifully. Aurelia has been singing the line, “Please don’t say you love me, ’cause I might not say it back”, which is the strangest thing to hear from a sweet three year old. The songs are calm, deep, and widely applicable to our heart states.